Liverpool Solicitors Carruthers Law have over 25 years experience in Surveyors Negligence Claims and Valuers Negligence. We are Lawyer Monthly Professional Negligence Law Firm of the year 2016 for the second year running. To bring your Surveyors negligence claim it is first necessary to show that the Surveyor owed you a duty of care. We would then look at the agreement to see the extent of that duty.
Even if you have not instructed the surveyor personally ,i.e. if it is a mortgage valuation, then you may still be able to show a duty of care. We will then seek to show the surveyor has breached that duty, and that the breach has caused you loss. We will then advise you as to the extent of the loss you can recover.
Your claim will then follow The Professional Negligence pre action protocol or the Pre Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes prior to the issue of proceedings.
Examples of Surveyors negligence claims are as follows;
- Negligent Survey report – Failing to identify defects when surveying a residential property
- Residential valuation – Over valuing a property.
- Commercial valuation – Over valuing a commercial property as part of a mortgage fraud.
- Planning claim –A failure to follow planning procedures leading to wasted costs.
- Quantity surveying claim – Quantity surveyor over-valued works completed by a contractor.
- Expert witness claim – A failure to advise on settlement correctly leading to overpayment.
- Building surveying claim – A failure to prepare a correct schedule of condition of a property leading to increased costs.
- Rent review claim – Surveyors failed to proceed with rent review on time and as a consequence client had to pay increased rent.
Why not call us today or complete our simple enquiry form.
Below are links to helpful articles and recent cases as to Surveyors negligence.